Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Learning to drive

My DMD took and passed the test to recieve her learners permit. Which of course means that she is legally able to drive a vehicle as long as one of her parents is in the car with her. So, off we went to the same gravel road where I taught her older sister to drive and where I taught my baby sister how to use a stick shift. She got in the drivers seat and I walked her through the initail steps of preparring to drive. Seatbelt on, Check. Adjust all the mirrors, Check. Adjust the seat, Check. Adjust the steering wheel, Check. Turn the engine on, Check. As soon as the engine caught she took a deep breath, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "now what?" I actually have it on video.



When we took DOD to drive for the first time DYS was still in a car seat and around the age of 4. As soon as she got behind the wheel, he began to scream, "Were all going to die!"

DYS will get his permit next year. Then we will have three drivers in our family. Truly a new phase of life!