Friday, February 25, 2011

Adoption Update

We met with our adoption lawyer last week. We signed all the paper work and we received our court date. Our adoption of baby 1 and 2 (now toddler 1 and 2) will be final in less than two weeks! Can you believe it will have been a year since we picked the children up! The adoptions announcements are being printed. The party is being planned.


One of the verses that I have clung onto through the last year has been Psalm 37: 3 -5 . "Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Delight yourself means to be dependent on God and to derive ones pleasure from him. It is in the form of command language. To delight in God is to be focused on him, through his word, prayer and worship. Psalm 63:1 (ESV) - 1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. "Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. " In one of the commentaries I looked at, it had this to say about committing your way to God. "Seek direction of God in everything you are engaged in, and for strength and assistance to perform it, and go on in it, and depend upon him for success, and give him all the glory, without trusting to any thing done by yourself."


If we are delighting in God and if we are committed to the Lord, then are our desires will be the same as God's. Standing between us being delighted and committed to the Lord is our flesh, our hearts which are deceitful above all things, and the idols of our world. All of which must be slain under the sword. It was amazing to be in the place where I wanted God's will more than my own. To have surrendered so completely to what his plans were without knowing what they were. There were days when this seemed easy and nights that were very difficult. There were times when I had to ask myself if I did not get what I wanted what my relationship to my creator would look like. How would my heart survive after having pouring everything we were into the children and then sending them back. To live everyday as if they were ours while they were not. Then to arrive at the place where I knew with everything in me that we were doing God's will and that no matter the outcome it was still his will. He would continue to carry me.