Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday July 19, 2010

Monday July 19, 2010

Outside my window: It is raining with the added bonus of some rather significant thunder and lightning. Saturday evening we received over 5 inches of rain in the course of two hours and spent the better part of the night in our downstairs bathroom under a tornado warning. Amazingly enough the sirens woke me up. We also had a couple leeks in our roof which only happens if there is an incrediably heavy rain and 70 mile an hour winds. The main leek happens in my closet so I have had to wash almost our entire wardrobes! On top of all the dirty clothes two children brough home from camps over the weekend! The laundry is piled up high! The weather today has ruined my plans of a morning visit to the splash park with the kiddos. I just found out that one of our local splash parks is free from 10:00 - 11:30 Monday through Saturday. Free is good when there is 7 children!

I am thinking: about the "duties we have to one another". The following list was taken from the book Essential Virtues.

Be warm hearted - Romans 12:10

Be others focused - Romans 12:10

Be like minded - Romans 15:5

Be kind - Ephesians 4:31-32

Be tenderhearted - Ephesians 4:32

Be humble - 1 Peter 5:5

Edify one another - Romans 14:9

Accept Others - Romans 15:7

Forbear others - Ephesians 4:2

Obey others in Authority - Ephesians 5: 21

Caution / Reprove others - Romans 15:14

Forgive others - Ephesians 4:32 and Collosians 3:13

Forbear others- Collosians 3: 13

Tell the truth to others - Collosians 3:9

Comfort others - 1 Thessolonians 4:18

Motivate others - Hebrews 10:24

Confess sin to others - James 5:16

Pray for others - James 5:16

Give to others - 1 Peter 4:9

Don't badmouth others - James 4:11

Don't Grumble about others - James 5:9

From the learning room: I have been struggling with when to start school. Our normal start date for years has been the first Monday in August. However, this year DMD has drivers Education and that is going to interupt the first week of school significantly. My goal for today is to pick a date. I printed all of the kids grades and am working on DMD's GPA and transcripts for her 9th grade year. I still need to order some of the school books. Once I get those, I need to organize schedules and expectations. A lot to do and only a couple weeks to do it in.

In the kitchen

Friday - pizza

Saturday - spaggetti and meatballs

Sunday - roast chicken, cheesey potatos, corn, green beans

Monday - ceasur salad

Tuesday - chicken baquette

Wednesdsay - mexican casserole

Thursday - frittata


I am wearing: for the moment anyway! These kids are tough on clothes!

I am praying :

for joy as I go through this day!

I am reading: Essential Virtues

I am hearing: DYS practicing the piano.

One of my favorite things: My new steam floor mop!

A few plans for the rest of the week: co-op meeting tonight. Dr. appointments and speech therapy. DYS and Mr. will be in Atlanta over the weekend. Its a busy week.