Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday May 17, 2010

Monday May 17, 2010
Outside my window there is a beautiful day just waiting to be explored. A perfect spring day.
I am thinking about how wonderful normal is. After two months of crisis management, adjustments, a death in the family, no sleep, and stress we have had three days that feel normal. We all slept, ate, played, slept. Our weekend was just normal. What a wonderful word!
From the learning room: Family camp was wonderful. I was not able to attend any of the chemistry shoes but the older kids gave it rave reviews. Despite raining the first two days that we were there everyone had a good time. We just put on mud boots and raincoats and enjoyed ourselves anyway.
In my kitchen
Friday - Home made pizza
Saturday - taco casserole
Sunday - grill cheese and tomato soup
Monday - cheesy chicken bake
Tuesday - Picnic food
Wednesday - a friend dropped by a meal for us to eat!
Thursday - waffles and eggs
I am wearing: grey workout Capri's and a t shirt. I rolled out of bed at 6 and hit walmart with coffee in hand. By the time I got home, Mr. had to leave for work and we were well into the morning needs! That left me with no time to shower or change!
I am praying: for my family and friends as the school year wraps up and we begin praying through our next years curriculum and plans.
I am reading up on post traumatic stress and anxiety in children.
I am hearing a very noisy bird outside my window and the opening and closing of doors as the children run in and out of the house getting icee's for their snack. With 7 children at four icees each that means that each door has opened and closed 28 times or 28 x 2 doors x 2. Sorry but you will have to do the math.
Around the house: Mr. went from door to door and even got the squeaking rocking chair with wD-40. What a blessing! Sometimes the simple things really are significant. There were numerous times today that I thanked God for the lack of squeaking!
A few plans for the rest of the week: a doctor appointment for one of the kiddo's. Softball. our state home school graduation ceremony is this weekend as well as a graduation open house for one of home school friends.
One of my favorite things: My iris's in bloom. Hopefully I will get some pictures taken this week to post for next week!