Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook Monday May , 2010

Monday May 10, 2010
Outside of my window the sky is cloudy and grey. The rain arrived at exactly the same time I pulled into the parking lot at the park with a suburban full of children anxious to play and feed the ducks! They made a brave effort despite the rain and temperatures in the low 50's.
I am thinking about counting the cost. In Luke 14 Jesus tells the parable of the builder who want to build a tower. Jesus asks, would he not first count the cost before beginning to build in case he does not have enough to finish. Jesus is talking specifically about becoming a disciple but the principle has far reaching implications. Sometimes, we count the cost but fall short on our estimates. Costs rise. It is then when we must commit to follow no matter the cost.
From the learning room; This week we will be doing school at a home school family camp! The guest speaker is a science wiz who is going to do science talks and shows. We have gone to camp for the past 5 years and count it as a highlight of our home school year!
In My kitchen
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - left overs
Sunday - Pastors wife blessed us with a beautiful meal of Cesare salad, chicken Alfredo, corn and rolls.
Monday - chili and cornbread
Tuesday - sandwiches at the softball game
Wednesday - walking tacos
Thursday - hamburgers and hot dogs
I am wearing
several spoons of yogurt, spilt coffee, spaghetti sauce, and snot
I am praying my family and specifically some difficult relationships right now.
I am reading: The Educated Child by William Bennet. Although geared for parents whom have chosen public or private school as their primary educational source so far there has been a lot of information that I have found thoughtful.
I am hearing - silence. I might be in a bubble of time right now when all the children 2 and under are in their beds and all the older children are happily occupied.
Around the house: The garden is yet untouched except for a large portion of weeding that Dear son has done.
A few plans for the rest of the week: home school camp!
One of my favorite things: I bought this bouquet of flowers the day my grandmother died. The florist gave it to me for over 50 percent off just because we were having a lovely conversation.