Monday, September 21, 2009


Simple Woman's Daybook Monday September 20, 2009

Outside my window our dog is barking. The sky is cloudy and overcast. I am hoping for rain! Everything is very dry and dusty after two weeks without a single drop of moisture.

I am thinking about the fragility of life. I wish I could live every day with the reality that this is it. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. If we really understood that I think that we would keep shorter accounts with people.

I am thankful that Christ is my hope! My bible study group looked at Luke 9 last week and asked ourselves the question that Jesus asks his disciples. "who do you think I am?" Everyone sooner or later has to answer this question. It is the most important question we can ask ourselves and the people around us. When I was first saved I knew Christ as my Redeemer. Over the years friend, sovereign Lord, Creator. The longer I walk with HIM, the more complete my picture of who he is.

From the learning room: Saturday we spent eight hours at the Minnesota Renaissance. festival. It is an amazing place to visit and there are people there with a wealth of information about the time period. DMD and I found a wonderfully delightful woman in a dress store and got quite the history lesson on clothing. It was also just plain old fun!

From the kitchen:

Fri: we ate out on our way to Mn.

Sat: we ate out at the festival

Sun: we ate out on the way home. I am ready for some real food!

Mon: crock pot lasagna

Tue: picnic dinner

Wed: no one is home for dinner

Thur: I am open for suggestions! hahah

I am wearing: a tan skirt and a black t.

I am going: to co-op of course.

I am praying: for my mother whom I believe had a small stroke Saturday night. It was a frightening and yet surreal experience. She recovered from the incident by the next morning and says she is fine. Obviously I am praying that she will seek further medical guidance.

I am reading: One Year Off by David Cohen. He and his wife decide to sell all their worldly possessions and travel around the world for a year with their three children. This was fascinating and if I have time I will do a book review this week!

I am hearing an incredible amount of noise! It has not been a quiet morning around here!

Around the house: The apples are picked. Only 165 pounds this year. Last year was almost 300 or so. I think we have the same number of apples they are just much smaller. I need to start processing them. I will be canning apple sauce, dehydrating apple chips, and freezing apple pie filling. The pool is down but the garden still needs cleaned out!
A few plans for the rest of the week: DMD and I are beginning a bible study Thursday night which will be taught by the same lady that taught fall bible study last year. Really looking forward to this! We are also headed out to see our ODN play soccer. Our DYS and her soccer games ended up being on the same night! Other than that, all the normal activities and busyness of home school life!
One of my favorite things is God's word! It is amazing to me how God's word is so available to us! We carry it in our purses and pockets. Keep one in the car, download it onto our mp3 players. Hear it on the Internet, TV, and radio. It is the bread of life!