Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A mothers work is never done


Tuesdays is the main cleaning day at our house. Everything except the bedrooms get the once over with dust cloth, vacuum and mop. It is also laundry day for everything except bedding. Needless to say, that's a lot of work. What struck me as amusing today was that no sooner had I finished a task then someone came along and undid it! I had just emptied the pencil sharpener when my son zoomed past to sharpen not one but a whole handful of pencils! The trash can by the computer was emptied for all of five minutes before I noticed that there was trash back in it. The white rug just vacuumed and looking all floofy was met with a stack of books that smooshed the fibers back down. I had no sooner finished wiping off the kitchen counter when a science experiment was begun. The kitchen floor and breakfast cleaned up when it was time for lunch! No, my work is never done. Even more amusing is when I do this to myself. I had already cleaned the landing and vacuumed when I realized that I had not watered the fern. Water the fern always results in a profusion of dead leaves falling onto the carpet which in turn requires me to vacuum! The age old adage