Monday, July 06, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Monday June 6,2009 Simple Woman's Daybook
Outside my window the sun is shining and the humidity is building. It should be a hot and muggy day in central Iowa! Perfect for playing in the pool.
I am thinking about what I am going to do with an unusual amount of free time over the next two weeks.
I am thankful for change. God does not leave us as we are. One of the lies Satan tells us is that "this is never going to change." Whatever the situation, whatever the person, whatever the sin, it can and will change with God!
From the learning room; the countdown has begun. Officially four weeks before we start school. I am starting to work on lessons plans this week and will begun pre-reading the kids literature books. I realized that I had forgotten to order the science kits so that is also on my list of things to do for school.
From the kitchen: The family kitchen is more or less closed for the next two weeks. There will never be more than two people present at meal time so rather than fixing meals and pre-planning I am going to eat from the pantry and the freezer as desired. There is enough food in stock to do this comfortably. Several nights it will just be me and I am happy to eat out of the garden. There is plenty of wonderful lettuce there and I love a fresh salad.
I am wearing a brown knee length cotton skirt with a burnt orange tank top.
I am going on a picnic and fishing with my husband and small group. It should be a beautiful evening for it.
I am praying for my son who is at camp this week and my daughter who is at camp grandma. A funny story: When we dropped our son off at camp the counselors in his room were very obviously attempting to set our mind at ease on their ability and qualifications to spend the next week with our son. They gave us printed bio sheets and proudly informed us that they were studying to be youth pastors. I am sure that this was a great comfort to 99.9% of parents. I however, was horrified. I can't imaging a greater threat to my son's theology than spending a week with a youth pastor!
I am reading: I have been trying to catch up on all the blogs that I follow. I missed almost two weeks of posts.
I am hearing the radio. The house is very quiet and is going to be very quiet for the next two weeks.
Around the house; The garden is an unmitigated disaster after being gone and the ground is rock hard making weed pulling very difficult. It is going to be my main focus around the house. We also need to order a window for our DYS room. This won't get put in until Mr. returns from a business trip to Nashville Tenn.
A few plans for the rest of the week; Mowing, weeding and trimming. Mr. and I are scheduled to be fingerprinted on Wed. to begin the process to adopt. I don't pick DYS up from camp until Friday night so I have made a list of stores that I would like to go wander around including some local antique malls and places like Pier One. I am not looking for anything specific but just taking the opportunity to do some things that I would enjoy doing.

One of my favorite things is having lunch next to a cold, bubbling mountain stream. Scenery can be everything! We stopped here on our way home from the missions trip for lunch. DMD and DYS are featured in the photo. DOD was pouting because I would not let her climb out onto the large rock you see behind DYS. She claims I was braver when she was younger. I thought I had just grown in discernment. LOL