Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Womans Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook Monday June 29, 2009

Outside my window the scenery is remarkably different than just 24 hours ago when I ate my lunch next to a beautiful rocky mountain stream. We arrived home at 2 A.M. this morning and when I opened the car door the first thing I recognized was the humidity!

I am thinking about how AWESOME my family is! I am truly blessed!



I am thankful that when I get up in the morning I do not have to worry about where I will get clean drinkable water for my family. I am thankful that if I want to see a doctor I schedule an appointment and go. I do not have to sit all day at a clinic where I may not be seen until two or three days later. I am thankful that all of my children know the hope that they have in Christ!
From the learning room; Learning does not happen in a vacuum or necessarily in the schoolroom. Real life experience is often the catalyst for true learning that impacts lives. Our family has spent the past week in New Mexico on a missions trip to the Navajo Indian reservation. We learned a lot about the Navajo culture and problems facing them but we also learned a lot about ourselves and our God.
From the kitchen
M - sub sandwiches or pizza We are ordering as I won't get to the grocery store to restock the house until Tuesday!
T - Grilled Chicken, terriaki potatoes, salad
W - stuffed shells
Th- chicken Cesar salad
Fri - home made pizza
Sat - 4th of July picnic with my parents
Sun - left overs
I am wearing - a pair of shorts and the t -shirt I normally wear for painting. I grabbed whatever was at hand this morning and have been so busy that I have not showered or gotten dressed yet.
I am going in and out of the house from the washer and dryer to the clothesline. Ten days away from home equals a lot of laundry!
I am praying - for patience as we adjust back to all the day to day trials of life. Already today we discovered that someone vandalized our pool while we were gone and the resulting water fall damaged the neighbors yard. I received an unpleasant email concerning things that I do not want to deal with and a phone call from the upset neighbor.
I am reading - or rather listening to Ten Peas In A Pod by Arnold Pent. What a wonderful testimony of a family with eight children traveling the country testifying to the benefits of bible reading and memorization. We listened to this all the way to New Mexico and then started a G.A. Henty book on audio called By Right of Conquest. We are about half way through that.
I am hearing - continued road construction noise outside. While it appears that they made progress while we were gone, they are not yet finished. The washer is washing . DYS is playing lego's with all the accompanying noises of bombs whistling, horses hooves racing, and drawbridges lowering. The timer on the toaster oven is ticking down the minuites to when DMD's lunch will be ready.
Around the house - File a police report for malicious vandalism. Finish laundry. Go grocery shopping. Mow the yard and weed the garden. Clean the house.
A few plans for the rest of the week - It will take the rest of the week to get back to life. I have a coop meeting one night and am planning on attending the Des Moines Tea Party on the fourth of July before attending a family barbecue.
One of my favorite things - Sleeping in my own bed!