Monday, May 18, 2009

Simply Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook Monday May 20, 2009

Outside my window laundry is blowing in the breeze, drying in the sun. It is warming up fast this morning and we are expecting a great day to be outside playing!

I am thinking about what a fabulous time we had camping last week. Yes it was cold, Yes it rained, and Yes there was definitely mud involved, but we are not fair weather campers and we all had a super time!

I am thankful for the opportunity that our family has to go on a missions trip together to a Navajo Indian reservation in New Mexico in June. I have praying for just such an opportunity for the last two years.

From the learning room two weeks of school left and I am making plans for our summer goals. DMD needs to study for her learners permit so we can get her driving! We will have lots of time for free reading and a couple required books that we never quite got to this past year! I am also thinking of doing a quick study on New Mexico and the Navajo Indians? A home school mom can't resist a unit study when it presents itself!

From the kitchen

M - quesidillas

T- chicken salad pitas

W - left over

Th - Chili

Fr - Pizza

S - Tomato soup and grill cheese

S - Roast / potatoes/salad / rolls / jello salad

I am wearing a tan skirt and orange t shirt

I am going to the HEED home school buy sell and trade this evening.

I am praying that I will find some of the curriculum that I need at a reasonable price!

I am reading Raising a Modern Day Night. I just started it so no comments yet!

I am hearing an interview with Lieutenant Kernnal Brian Birdwell who was the only survivor from the pentagon on 911. He has written a book called refined by fire.

Around the house Mr. has been busy! He has put up the privacy fence that we need to get our pool set up! Mr. also was working hard on the new grape arbor which looks so cool. I will try and get some pictures posted this next week.

A few plans for the rest of the week; We are looking forward to a blissfully empty schedule this week. I am going to spend one afternoon with my grandma. We had bought her a patio planter for her porch so we will go and get some flowers for that and get it all set up. Saturday morning I want to get to my nieces soccer game.

One of my favorite things; all of the people in this picture below! This was taken two weekends ago at our DOD's college graduation! We are all looking at different camera's!