Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Tuesday May 26, 2009

Outside my window the rain is falling. I will have to switch my plans around and focus inside today.

I am thinking about how "unsocialized" my home school children. They don't run around in packs, bullying other children both verbally and physically. They don't talk in sexual innuendos when they think that there are not any adults around. How happy I am that my children have not been socialized in that peer group! The sad thing is that if you spoke with the parents of these children they would tell you that they are great kids. They would point to all their achievements in sports and extra curricular activities and grades as indication of how wonderful they are. But their character, who they are when there is no accountability, is not very pretty. In our society that is no longer an indication of the quality of person you are. All that matters is your achievements. They get an F in basic kindness and character despite the millions of dollars poured into wasted character counts curriculum's.

I am thankful for my husband. I don't tell him near enough how proud I am of him! Mr. is a wonderful husband and a good friend! Life is not always smooth sailing around here but he is my rock!

From the learning room! Four days of school left!

From the kitchen
M - Memorial Day picnic with Mr.'s family. I took my favorite salad of Romaine lettuce, grapes, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese. There was lots of great food.
T - ball game night so we will have a picnic supper in the car
W - DMD and MR. will be taking DMD's famous brownies to LIFE group. DYS and I will be eating light at home
Th - French toast and eggs
Fr - homemade pizza
Sat - DOD's graduation party. The menu includes burgers, potato salads, chips and salsa, watermelon bowls with mixed fruit and a taco dip.
Sun - left over day

I am wearing my pajama's. I really should get dressed but I got up and got busy and haven't got there yet.

I am going to my DYS softball game.

I am praying in thanksgiving for the direction of the Holy Spirit in several areas of our lives. Isn't it cool that we have a helper!

I am reading nothing! I am hording all of my books for the 18 hour car ride to New Mexico!

I am hearing the washer and dryer. I am so disappointed that is raining! I need to wash sheets but between the weather and the road construction in front of our house I have not been able to hang anything on the clothes line.

Around the house we have all but finished planting the garden. At the farmers market last weekend I picked up heirloom tomatoes and peppers. My attempt to start these from seed was not successful! I did not want to depend on them for our salsa production so we picked up some plants. I still need to put the beans and cucumbers in. I was very excited to see that the potatoes had come up! We have picked our first couple of strawberries and will have what looks like a bumper crop! Over the long weekend we have been filling out above ground pool. We are so excited to get this set up. I am not planting very many flowers this year but I did pick up the greenery for the pots on the front porch and three little geraniums for the back deck.

A few plans for the rest of the week; We have to continue getting the pool set up. I think I need a degree in chemistry to figure out all of the chemicals and then a degree in engineering to figure out how to use the filters and pumps. Most of my week will be taken up with preparations for DOD's party. I have to clean the house and do some yard work. I will have to do some shopping and food preparation latter in the week.

One of my favorite things; an open toe high heel shoe.