Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook



Monday May 11, 2009



Outside my window; The sun is shining down on our camper, which has been parked on the street outside our home so that I can start packing it! Our suburban, our daughter and our in laws trailblazer also line up the street full of the remains of DOD's dorm room. We have lots of sorting and organizing to do!


I am thinking about how much weeding and yard work I have that needs to be done!


I am thankful for the beautiful day on Saturday and for our daughters graduation from college. It was amazing to sit and watch her walk across that stage a beautiful young woman .


From the learning room; The share fair last Monday was a wonderful event. Both DMD and DYS took several things that they had worked on over the year. People are very interested and took time to talk with the children and really look over what they had worked on. I wish more families would participate in this.


From the kitchen; Tonight is small group fellowship at our house. We are grilling. I have not planned the rest of the week but it will reflect that we are camping out! We also have big breakfasts with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and hashbrowns. We keep lunch pretty simple and of course we have to have smores!


I am wearing my pink lands end dress.


I am going to the grocery store and post office.

I am reading: I actually just finished reading What He must Be to Marry My Daughter by Voddie Bauchman. WOW! I highly recommend EVERYONE read this book! The section on how he must be a Christian was incredible because he asked the question, "what does it mean to be a Christian? Does it mean that he had an emotional experience at an early age? I also loved that he included a willingness or openness to life. I could not say enough about this book! I wish I could buy copies for all of my friends!

I am praying for the clear revealing of his will concerning some decisions that I need to make. I am praying that our time at the home school camp with be a time of fun!

I am hearing DYS working on Italian, the radio playing a local talk show and my phone beeping at me that I have a message.

Around the house there is never a shortage of things to do. DOD's laundry is caught up so now I have the rest of the families laundry to finish so that we can pack it up for camp. I also need to clean out and load the camper full of all our stuff.

A few plans for the rest of the week; hiking, fishing, shooting, archery, swimming, laying in the sun, carpet ball, mini golf, tennis, canoeing, paddle boat, and sessions on American History being taught by a home school graduate. Sounds like a wonderful time doesn't it!