Monday, March 07, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook
Monday March 7, 2011


Outside my window: there are robins and I can hear their song. Surely a signal of spring on its way.


From the learning room: Its back to a strict schedule for the older two. I had ordered Managers of Their Home for fresh inspiration and have been working up every one's schedule. This has been a hard year and required much flexibility. I am hoping putting everyone back on a tight schedule will produce more work on their part and less wasted time.




From the kitchen

Friday: home made pizza

Saturday:

Sunday: bbq roast beef sandwiches

Monday: dinner at small group

Tuesday: beef nachos

Wednesday:stuffed shells

Thursday: fried chicken
What I am wearing today: brown leggings, tan skirt, orange t and sweater

I am reading: currently not a thing! Just trying to keep up with a couple of my favorite blogs.

I am hearing: piano practice, children playing, and kitchen being cleaned.


I am praying: for God to be reflected through our family on our adoption day and for our joy to be complete in HIM!

One of my favorite things: is this sling! My sister had loaned me hers and I loved it so I showed it to a friend who went out and bought tons of cute materials and promptly sewed several of them up giving me one! It is called an Asian sling and is made out of heavy canvas. It holds from an infant all the way through toddlers and can be used to front forward and back carry, back carry and side carry. I wear it everyday for hours.

A few plans for the rest of the week: It is an exciting week at our house. The adoptions of Toddler 1 and 2 will be finalized on Thursday and we are having a big party on Saturday! We even rented a bounce house. Our dear oldest daughter will be headed to an island for the next 8 weeks. There will be no cell signal except when she gets to town possible on the weekends. She is missing our big adoption day. I thankfully got in a long phone call with her late last night.