Sunday, January 16, 2011

One day at a time

I have learned many things about my Lord in the last ten months. Saying yes to his will for our family and gaining in three children under the age of 3 in the said amount of time has required a level of faith and perserverence that I do not have. As a long term planner, I want to know whats going to happen next week, six months from now and a year from now. I have always written on my calender in ink and considered white out to be an outrocious thing.


However, in our situation that is just not possible. In a very real way my calender has becomes Christ's calender. I have little control over it and odly enough I am content there watching Him work his will. Social workers don't ask they just tell you and well if you have to move an appointment or cancel an activity they don't care. Most things are very last minuite and require great flexibility. Courts and judges have their own timeframes they are working in. I have no control over any of these things. BUT GOD DOES.

One day at a time, Sweet Jesus I'm only human,
I'm just a woman
help me believe in what I could be and all that I am, show me the stairway I have to climb, Lord for my sake teach me to take one day at a time.
One day at a time, sweet Jesus.
That's all I'm asking from you just give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus, and tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way One day at a time.
Do you remember when you walked among men?
well, Jesus you know if you're looking below it is worse now than then cheating and stealing, violence and crime,
so for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time.
One day at a time, sweet Jesus that's all I'm asking from you just give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today show me the way one day at a time.