Monday, June 14, 2010

Simple Womans




Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday June 14th, 2010

Outside my window: The clouds continue to hover. We have had several days of heavy rain and more in the forcast. If its not raining then the humidity is so high that it might as well be! You've got to love Iowa in the summer!

I am thinking about how wonderful our church is. My daughter and I went Saturday morning to work on cleaning some spots in the carpet of the fellowship hall. The entire hour we were there we brainstormed on the things that we love about this body. I will share a partial list with you. These are in no particular order! 1. The church has a steeple. I love steeples and believe all proper churches should have one! 2. There are stains in the fellowship hall. The church does a wonderful job balencning their stewardship of God's building while actually using the facilitiy. 3. The people are filled with the spirit and serious about their relationship to our creator. 4. The youth program actually supports our home and what we teach here. 5. like mindedness 6. the pastor and deacons take serious their roles as shepards of the body. 7. the paster sees himself as accountable for this body and takes that responsibility seriously. 8. We sing hymns, led by a song leader not a worship pastor. 9.

From the learning room; The kids are on their way to New York to work at a camp for the week with their youth group. They are learning lots about budgeting money and managing their own clothes and belongings! It is also their first mission trip with a youth group and very far away! Our state Home School Conference is this weekend. I thought about not going because at this time I need to order everything online anyway. I was also not excited about the line up of speakers. However, I always enjoy the conference. It is like old school reunion, bumping into peopel that you have not seen forever. I also love the browsing. Mr. agreed to stay with the babies and manage their visit so I am going to go and he will still be able to meet me for lunch.


From the kitchen:
Friday: home made pizza
Saturday: spaggetti, french bread and salad
Sunday: fried chicken, coldslaw, watermelon and chips
Monday: small group dinner
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: I really have no meal plan other than to keep it very simple and to spend minimul time in the kitchen. We could probably just eat left overs the rest of the week.

I am wearing: a light green linen skirt with white flowers and a light green t shirt.

I am praying: for my children who are all traveling today! DOD is on her way from California to Seattle and DMD and DYS on their way to New York. I am lifting up friends who had their last morning with their foster baby and praying for God to be their all in this time. They have been faithful servents in this situation and God has used them mightly! I am praying for the court ruling we are waiting on now almost two into a possible four month wait.

I am reading: Essential Virtues by Jim Berg. It is an exogesis of 2 Peter 1: 5-7. "And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge (self control), and to (self Control) endurance; and to endurance godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness love." I just finished re - reading chapter 1 today. I fell asleep trying to read last night! Nothing to do with the book and everything to do with my exhaustion level! Our Pastor is teaching a sunday school class on this book. Mr. is attending but I am unable to because of the babies so I am just reading along and enjoying the conversations about it with Mr.

I am hearing my oldest two neices chatter as they color some pages they printed off the computer.


Around the house: Mr. cut down this tree over the weekend. It turns out what we thought was a little decorator tree was actually a mulberry tree. This was not a good place for a mullberry tree but I really enjoyed the screen it provided from the street and the mullberries were definitly attracting lots of bird varieties. We will have to see what we can find that will have the same affect but be more appropriate for the spot.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Its going to be a quiet week without all the activities for the older kids. My plans include catching up the house and check book. I believe we have a dr. appointment this week for one of the babies and we need to get to the library for some new books. I also need to search out a larger wading pool then what I have. It fine for one toddler but way to small for three of them!
One of my favorite things: SLEEP!