Monday, June 07, 2010

Monday May 7th, 2010
Outside my window the day was cloudy and overcast but the temperatures in the low 70's made it pleasant. There were occasional sprinkles but no major rain activity to hamper our days activities.
I am thinking about how much I enjoyed my day to day!
From the learning room: Dmd has switched girls temporarily. She is reading Before You Meet Prince Charming and writing a report for her missions trip requirements. She is also cramming for her permit test which she will take Thursday or Friday. Otherwise we are just plugging away.
Friday: Grilled Hamburgers, salad, fries
Saturday: Godfathers
Sunday: Roast, potatoes, summer jello salad, green beans
Monday: picnic potato salad, hot dogs, watermelon
Tuesday - sandwiches and chips
Wednesday - BBq roast beef
Thursday - Sandwiches and chips
I am wearing
I am praying: for a court decision on the termination of parental rights for the children who are living with us. Specifically that I would be in a place to recognize and Praise God for his loving kindness and mercies with Thanksgiving and Joy no matter what happens!
I am reading: Preschool wise. I was able to borrow all the books in the series and have quite enjoyed them. I can't believe I had not read these before now!
I am hearing snoring. Everyone is sound asleep but me.
One of my favorite things: is this bread slicer that Mr. found for me at Goodwill. It really worked pretty slick and the end result was equally sized pieces of bread!
Around the house: The strawberries are coming in strong now. I have made several batches of jam and also canned strawberry syrup. It is a daily chore to preserve all these berries. The strawberry jam has been a big hit with everyone!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
We are having a week of multiple softball games due to rain outs and the end of year picnic. It certainly cluttered up our evenings. The kids leave for mission next week so I need to get them organized and packed and most likely do some shopping for them before they leave. DMD would also like to take her permit test and I am going to get DYS a picture Id for the trip.

A final picture from memorial weekend: DMD and DYS tubing at the lake house. What fun!