Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday February 15, 2010

Monday February 15, 2010

Outside my window

Winter in Iowa... More snow and icky roads today.

I am thinking

about how very many things I have to be thankful for!

From the learning room

This is DMD's cake from class two which we all enjoyed eating!


In My kitchen
This week is the beef expo so technically there is not menu plan. I will feed whomever is home on any given night whatever we can scrounge up. So in leu of a menu I thought you might enjoy seeing the table scape we created for the Sunday evening college dinner at church. We served home made chicken and dumplings with home made wheat bread and apple pie for desert so we went with a down home country theme with a little valentines thrown in!





The silverware and napkin holders are denim pockets cut off of old jeans. I just happened to have them laying around because of the denim quilt I had started working on! (I accidental deleted that picture so I will have to post it some other time. )

I am wearing
a denim skirt, navy t shirt and yellow and navy fleece

I am praying
prayers of thanksgiving to a God who loves me and cares enough about me to give me gifts that bless my heart.
I am reading
recently wiped out an entire library shelve for Davis Bunn books. Nice, light, easy reading
I am hearing
mario cart on the wii
Around the house
Mr. has been staining some trim!
A few plans for the rest of the week
includes enjoying and loving on my oldest daughter who is home unexpectedly thanks to a gift from my sister! I will have to drive her to the airport on Wednesday. I am hoping to meet with an old friend Thursday for a visit and plan on just hanging out and writing on Friday as the kids will be at the beef expo working those two days with their dad.
One of my favorite things

This lovely antique round table that Mr. bought me for our anniversary / valentines day. I can't wait to move furniture and find just the right spot for it!