Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday January 4, 2010

Monday January 4, 2010
Outside my window
We have entered the DEEP freeze! It is downright cold at -16!
While I like the cold (all the better for snuggling in) this is a little extreme!
I am thinking
about DOD who left yesterday to go back to New Orleans. It was harder for me to have her leave yesterday than it was when she left three months ago. Partially because it will be 8 months before I will be able to hug her again and partially because of all the changes we are anticipating in our family in the next year.
From the learning room
Its back to school today. I used last week to get caught up on grades and correcting as well as preparing ahead as much as I could. Today is going to be a little off as our co-op which was supposed to restart today has been cancelled. That alleviated a lot of the stress we would have been experiencing today!
From the kitchen
Mr. and I have begun a six week detox plan for the new year. The plan is to have four fruits, one pound of raw vegetables, 1 cup of beans, 1 cup of starchy food and to avoid any meat, dairy, white flour, or sugar. For breakfast this morning I attempted to make steel cut oats overnight in the crock pot. It was very bland without adding any sugar but we survived it. The kids are not participating fully with us. They will instead just be trying new things and upping their fruit intake. For myself I am hoping to have more energy six weeks from now!
I am wearing
or plan on wearing my new red dress. Right now I am in my pj's.
I am praying
for all the moms who like me are starting up school with their children today.
for friends who experienced the loss of their husband and father this weekend.
for the funeral today.
I am reading
The Pursuit by Lori Wick. A quick lighthearted read!
I am hearing
DMS practicing his guitar
Around the house
the annual gingerbread house was finished this weekend. A friend gave us the kit for Christmas. The kids had fun working together on it.



A few plans for the rest of the week
All of our activities and lessons resume this week. Which means I will be writing a lot of checks! We have our last home visit on Friday.
One of my favorite things
for Christmas DOD bought me a ravioli maker! It worked really well and we had a wonderful dinner of fresh ravioli the night before she left.