Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday December 28, 2009

Monday December 28, 2009

Outside my window

The snow has piled up over Christmas. It was a beautiful white Christmas. Some people referred to it as snowpocalypse!

I am thinking

about the best way to attack the post Christmas household carnage. My house is a disaster!

From the learning room

VACATION this week. For me that means lots of administrative things to catch up on.

From the kitchen this week

Monday - Potato soup

Tuesday - we are traveling today

Wednesday - enchilada's

Thursday - New Years Eve We are taking shrimp dip and fondue cheese

Friday - New Years Day party - We are taking cheese dip and salsa

Saturday - Ravioli

Sunday - left overs

I am wearing

a pink t shirt and denim skirt with flowers embroidered around the trim. On my feet are my new warm slipper socks!

I am praying

specifically for my grandmother whose brother past away this week. She has Alzheimer's and so she does not remember being told about his death. The funeral is going to be very difficult for her.

I am reading

Still working our way through Unafraid by Francine Rivers

I am hearing

happy chewing. It's lunch time

Around the house

The Christmas clean up has started. All the random decorations have been put away but the tree is still standing. I am focusing on cleaning my way through the upstairs today and will hopefully get to the tree and the downstairs on Wednesday. I also have a lot of administrative things that I need to take care of this week. Classes resume next week as does all of our activities and the responsibilities that go with them.

A few plans for the rest of the week

We have a funeral to attend in Mn. on Tuesday. Hopefully we will touch base with friends we haven't spoken to very much recently. New Years Eve will be at my sisters house this year. We have a New Years Day party to attend and DOD flies back to Jackson on Sunday. My heart is already heavy thinking about it. The week is going to fly by.

One of my favorite things

Cast Iron pans. I don't use anything else anymore to cook. Below is my new cast iron pizza pan that I got for Christmas.