Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday December 21, 2009


Monday December 21, 2009
Outside my window
The sky is cloudy and overcast. We are supposed to get another snow storm Wednesday into Thursday. The children are worried about being able to get to grandma's house for Christmas Eve.
I am thinking
about the details of my week.
I have several timing issues that I need to stay on top of or there will be disaster!
From the learning room
Four more days of school left until break! I think it is safe to say we are all looking forward to it!
From the kitchen this week
Friday - homemade pizza
Saturday - Beef stew and rolls
Sunday - Chicken Pasta Penne
Monday - Christmas dinner at the in laws
Tuesday - Cheesy potatoes and ham casserole
Wednesday - Taco's
Thursday - Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's
Friday - Christmas brunch featuring home made donuts, french toast, egg casserole, sausage, sausage and gravy over biscuits, bacon, hash browns and eggs cooked however you like them.
I am wearing:
a denim skirt and grey sweater
I am praying:
Our last foster adoption class is this week! We have one more home study in January and then we wait.
I am reading
We picked up a copy of Unafraid, the story of Mary by Francine Rivers and are reading it out loud this week. It is a short novelette and perfect for the week before Christmas!
I also grabbed a quick read by Dee Henderson called The Witness.
I am hearing
my two little nieces under the Christmas tree whispering about the gifts and looking for one addressed to them!
Around the house
DOD arrived home Saturday! Sunday afternoon Mr. took her off to the doctor where she was diagnosed with Bronchitis. She has started antibiotics and will hopefully recover before she has to go and hopefully none of us will catch it! So good to be able to look at her and hug her!
A few plans for the rest of the week
Tonight we celebrate Mr.'s birthday and Christmas with Mr.'s parents. Tuesday is Mr.'s actual birthday but we will be at our last foster adoption class. Wednesday I need to be busy in the kitchen making sure that I have everything precooked that needs to be precooked. The Swedish donuts call for cold mashed potatoes. Two years ago we had near donut catastrophe. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had forgotten to make the mashed potatoes! Christmas Eve we will spend at my mom's. Christmas day we are home. The day after Christmas day the ladies all go shopping. Its going to be a fun and busy week!
One of my favorite things
My new red dress from Lane Bryant. It was originally 80 dollars. Marked down to 50. Then it was 60 percent off that AND I had a 15 dollar off coupon. I got an 80 dollar dress for 17 dollars including tax! Now that's the way to shop!