Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday December 14, 2009

Monday December 14, 2009
Outside my window
It is dark. I am up considerably earlier than normal and for some reason wide awake so I thought I would get my post time before everyone in the house wakes up and needs my undivided attention. If I am lucky I will even get my shower before that happens.
I am thinking
about how much energy I pour into different groups and activities. The reality is that anyone could come forward and will come forward to do those jobs, and I will be forgotten. We have experienced this over and over again. MR. was on city government for several years and was primary in two of the parks in our town being built. No one knows this anymore but us. No one remembers the hours and years we poured into the town little league program. No one recalls that it was I who built up and developed a local church library. Those things all pass away with time, they are not eternal. The job I do hear at home, no one else could do. It was specifically given to me by God and it will be written on my children's heart. It will be remembered for generations.
From the learning room
Today DMD is going to be working on several papers that we have let slide and are hanging over our heads! Once we get those caught up the rest of the week should proceed normally. If there is such a thing!
This Friday is our Excellence in writing class. I have really enjoyed the process that he is teaching and have seen it pay off in several areas of the children's school work. Our co-op performance was last Monday night. There are no regular scheduled classes during December. I will need to start looking ahead to January. I am teaching art. YIKES, that is the one area of co-op I have never taught before! I am looking forward to it though. I think it will be fun.
From the kitchen
Last week was a heavy baking week. We made all kinds of wonderful Christmas treats. I also made bread. The house has smelt wonderful.
Friday - order pizza
Saturday - left overs
Sunday - crock pot lasagna
Monday - Ham, cheesy crock pot potatoes
Tuesday - kids choice
Wednesday - taco's
Thursday - chicken and rice
I am wearing
my pj's
I am praying
that I would have a soft heart towards people who disappoint me. Family relationships can be challenging during the normal course of the year and those strains can increase exponentially during this season.
I am reading
Our family read out loud book for the past several months has been Winning His Spurs by G.A. Henty. He is one of our families favorite authors. With any luck we will finish it today. I think it is wonderful that as "old" as the kids are that they love our daily read out loud time. We are always sad when we finish one. I have not picked our next read out loud yet. I need to peruse the book shelves.
I am hearing
complete silence except for the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard and the hum of the computer. Its wonderful!
Around the house
Mr. purchased the track for one of the bedroom doors but when he got it home the box was missing all of the hardware. No progress there. He also started a shelf for me that will run just above the washer and the dryer. That will be handy.
A few plans for the rest of the week
Tonight is our annual small group Christmas dinner. Only half us will be able to make it because the school moved their Christmas program from last week to tonight. Tomorrow we have our foster adoption class. Wednesday night church. SATURDAY DOD comes home! I can't wait to hug on her! Christmas cards will go out this week. I need to pick up a couple gifts and do a little wrapping. So far I am keeping ahead of that task!
One of my favorite things
is that my children LIKE one another.