Tuesday, November 10, 2009


November 1o, 2009



Outside my window: We have had an amazing weather week. It seems more September than November. Temperatures even hit the mid 70's over the weekend. I wish we had some time to head off for an outside adventure but we all have lots of work to do today!



I am thinking about the functions of home. I heard a great talk by Jill Savage over the weekend on this topic at the Hearts at Home Conference. There really was nothing new in the talk but one of her side points to home as a safe place was listening. I am really bad at this and need to make some efforts in this area. I also liked this quote from her, "Sometimes you have to get through the awkwardness to get to a new normal." Isn't that so true! Some things seem to be awkward because they are new or outside of our normal comfort zone. Some things are worth feeling awkward over, like praying with our kids!

From the learning room : My son is using The Mystery of History this year. I have really enjoyed it. I wish I had seen it earlier. She does a really good of pulling Christian worldview into her activities. The lessons are short but the activities are varied and provide plenty of research and writing opportunities.

From the Kitchen:

Friday - home made pizza and bread sticks

Saturday - grill hamburgers, chicken breasts, and potatos

Sunday - leftovers

Monday - cheeseburger soup

Tuesday - taco soup

Wednesday - Church

Thursday - Zesty Chicken tortia bake

I am wearing ; my pj's. I have been working from the couch this morning. Catching up the kids planners and making sure that we have everything we need for the rest of the week.

I am praying for my friend who is single parenting this week with her husband out of town. Another friend who is struggling with all the demands of her life and her relationship with her husband.

I am reading The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore

I am hearing my DMD reading the Iowa drivers licence manual.

Around the house: My family finished the yard and garden clean up last Saturday while I was gone! YEH! So nice to have that off the list!

A few plans for the rest of the week; A thankfully normal week without any extra's. My bible study is finished so that has opened up an weeknight evening. Last Saturday was the last day of soccer for DYS. Only five more weeks of our adoption classes.

One of my favorite things: A clean and organized house!