Monday, November 16, 2009


November 16, 2009

Outside my window the wind does blow and the sun does hide. It is a cold fall day. No rain in sight yet, but the weather forecast called for it.

I am thinking: Yesterday evening my dmd and I went out to dinner at a local Italian Restaurant. The food was great, the atmosphere was awesome, but what impressed me the most was the waiter. He stood tall, confident but not cocky. He made eye contact with me every time he spoke and when he returned my credit card he called me Mrs. Sturm. In a day and age where mannered people are few and far between this was a refreshing and encouraging experience.


From the learning room: Our co-op is having a performance evening in December. The preschool children are singing a song, and each of the classes will be doing a mini skit. The oldest children are doing a light house drama. This is one of the things that I love about our co-op experience is the opportunity for the children to experience this type of activity. Its hard to do those things at home. We are also very fortunate to have some incredible talented moms in our co-op who are able to lead these things.


From the kitchen:

Friday: pizza and movie night

Saturday: left overs

Sundays: Biaggi's

Monday: sloppy joes

Tuesday: kids choice

Wednesday: eat at church

Thursday: Hashbrown Casserole


I am wearing yoga pants and a big warm sweatshirt. I am teaching PE today and it is cold!


I am praying for: my DOD who begins an across country drive today with her Americore team. For several friends whose families are down with the flu. My Mr. who has an important meeting this morning.


I am reading nothing at the moment as I have ran out of reading materials :(


I am hearing DYS practicing piano, DMN playing computer games, DOD's radio from her room, DON asking questions about her school work and DYN is screaming Jay at the top of her lungs because even though she is sitting right across from me she does not have my full attention. LOL I love the noise almost as much as I love the quiet reverent mornings!


Around the house: There are no big projects planned. With the holidays right around the corner we don't want to make a big mess!


A few plans for the rest of the week: DMD and I have our monthly embroiderers guild meeting on Thursday. I have been stitching like crazy trying to get my name tag made and start on the big map project. I am totally overwhelmed by the Iowa map project and can't even figure out how to start it! Saturday we will be heading to Ikea and the lego store for the day!


One of my favorite things: sermonaudio.com