Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday November 30, 2009

Monday November 30, 2009

Outside my window

It was nice enough for a quick trip to the park this afternoon where the children spent their time rolling down the still green hill over and over again. There was also a stroll to the mailbox and city hall to pay the water bill.

I am thinking

about this quote from C.S. Lewis which says, "We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." Sometimes it is painful to be the clay being molded by the hand of God.

From the learning room

We had a lovely week off for Thanksgiving break and are back at the books today.


From the kitchen

My stand mixer has been dying for several weeks. I have been using it with one beater working as the one of the gears had been stripped. Then the other set of gears stripped out. The stand mixer has become a required kitchen tool in my house so instead of waiting for Christmas we were able to get a great deal on this new Kitchen aide artistic stand mixer. Isn't it so pretty!

The rest of the weeks menu is as follows;

Monday: Roast, potato, corn, rolls, and salad

Tuesday: bbq beef sandwiches

Wednesday: Spaghetti

Thursday: Egg and Cheese quiche



I am wearing

Mr.'s blue sweatpants and a baggie t shirt. I have not even gotten my shower yet. It has been a busy day!


I am praying for

friends who have their final home visit this afternoon.

I am reading

I am out of reading material again... but my $10.00 off coupon from Vision Forum has arrived! Now all I have to decide is which book in my very long Vision Forum book list to purchase!

I am hearing

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My DON and I are watching a movie together. We have shared numerous laughs. I tried to read the book to my children when they were little but they never got into it.


Around the house

Here are a few pictures of our Christmas decorating. The trees are up, the poinsettia's purchased, nativities arranged. Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Friday we went to Howell Tree Farm and cut down our family Christmas tree. I love having a real tree. Right now the house has a wonderful evergreen smell.

The Angel pencil tree decorated all in white, gold and silver angels.

The family tree in the downstairs bay window. It is decorated with ornaments that are given yearly as part of various family traditions.

I love fresh poinsettia's!



A few plans for the rest of the week
We have our 7th foster adoption class as well as our second home visit scheduled for this week. Our family has decided to attend a different church so they will be beginning Wednesday night activities there this week. All of our other classes and activities resumed this week after a little break for Thanksgiving. My plans include lots of baking! I am very behind in that area of Christmas managing.

One of my favorite things
I have been searching for a piano lamp since we purchased our piano. I finally found this one at a local Salvation Army. It was an ugly mottled gold color but Mr. kindly spray painted it black for me. We already had the spray paint and the lamp only cost me $6.50.