Monday, October 05, 2009


Monday October 5, 2009
Outside my window the sky is overcast, the temperatures cool. It has stopped raining temporarily after a wet weekend.
I am thinking about MDOD who leaves for California in 9 days. I had done pretty well ignoring this upcoming departure but, its all she is talking about, all anyone else is talking about and there are lists, and packing supplies scattered all over. Its pretty hard to not think about it.
From the learning room; I am having a new experience this year. I actually really do not like a curriculum we have chosen for this school year. I am struggling to just toss it aside because while it was not as expensive as some curriculum's it still had a cost plus what it would cost to replace it. I am also not sure how to handle changing two months into the school year with transcripts and grades.
From the kitchen; Saturday was our semi annual lefsa making day for the woman of the family. We are all stocked up for the major holidays and I gave away a few bags.


F- home made pizza
S- Beef Stew and homemade rolls
S- Dinner at my sisters home
M- smashed potato soup
T- Poppy seed chicken, salad, cheesy cauliflower
W- life group night
Th- Parmesan chicken pasta with broccoli

I am wearing: a denim skirt, navy t shirt and navy sweatshirt.

I am going to co-op today. Small group is at our house tonight.
I am praying for MDOD's preparations and nerves as she prepares to travel for the next ten months. I also praying for God's guidance and discernment with DMD's personality. I have been trying to figure out what her love language is. She is thinking about it.
I am reading; I finished the Oath by Frank Peretti and picked up several new books today at our church library. I am not sure which to start first.

I am hearing; Road construction and heavy equipment. This noise I get to continue to look forward to as the road project is suppose to continue for the next year!
Around the house: More progress is being made in different area. Mr. was working on finishing the wiring in the bay window in our bedroom.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Tonight is small group, week two of Thinking like a Christian. Tuesday night is our ladies bible study on Fruit of the Vine. Wednesday I am taking in a movie with my sister and DOD. MR. and DYS have a big all day pheasant hunting outing on Saturday so I am going to get the garden cleaned out things ready for fall.
One of my favorite things: Lefsa! Honestly, its not that the Lefsa is so great it is the tradition and memories behind it that make is special. When I married Mr. he told my grandma that he
liked white sugar on his lefsa. From that holiday on there was always lefsa with white sugar. Only later did we find out that he really does not like it all. He just was humoring us out of love. So Saturday night he ate his annual piece of lefsa and I did not even make it with white sugar.