Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday October 12, 2009

Monday October 12, 2009

Outside my window it is raining and cold! I am praying the rain lets up so as not to completely ruin the plans for the day. I have not seen the weather forecast yet today. I am guessing cold.

I am thinking about: Its really to early to be thinking about anything! While I have had my shower and half a cup of coffee, my brain is still in slow gear as I try to sort out my day!


From the Learning room: Mr. Sturm has been teaching our oldest co-op class car maintenance. Unfortunately this rainy weather may disrupt his plans for his class today. Mr. Sturm has also taken over teaching DMD's algebra. While I have many skills and gifts, algebra is not one of them! Mr.'s skills and gifts include advanced mathematics.

From the kitchen:
Friday- pizza
Saturday - DOD made enchiladas and sopapias!
Sunday - chili
Monday - small group dinner
Tuesday - frozen dinners (we start our adoption classes so the kids are on their own.)
Wednesday - life group
Thursday - fish and chips
I am wearing a black skirt, black long sleeve t and red short sleeve extended sweater.
I am going to the county court house, co-op, and small group with a potential trip to the vets thrown in for good measure! For our adoption classes we are supposed to provide a copy of our marriage certificate which we discovered that we do not have. What we have are memorial copies. Pretty only, not official. We also need our dogs Rabi's certificate which of course we can't find either.
I am praying for DOD who leaves on Wednesday. For the adoption process and classes that start this week. For a dear friend who has been waiting months about a job possibility only to have found out last week it went to someone else.
I am reading: Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin. I actually read two of his books (The Dead Can't Walk and Maggie) this weekend. I do believe he is my newest favorite author! They were a joy to read!
I am hearing the beautiful sound of silence! Everyone is sleeping. I am enjoying knowing that my whole family is asleep under our roof this morning. I will only be able to say that one more night and then will be reduced to only having that feeling of all is well at holidays or major events. The down side of that is I really need to get everyone moving but I love this time of day and I don't want to interrupt it with hassle and bustle and noise!
Around the house: My plans for the garden may have to wait until spring or an Indian summer. I just have not been able to get it done. I had planned on Saturday but as a special gift to our DOD it snowed! It is because things like that happen that I know that God cares about even the smallest things and delights in giving gifts to his children!
A few plans for the rest of the week: I saw a sign at a craft show once that said, "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up worn out and screaming woo hoo what a ride." Some weeks I feel like I achieve this rather cultural experience! Then I rest in the knowledge that God has a bigger plan for me than I do and that all that I accomplish is for Christ and will be just what he wants me to accomplish on any given day.

One of my favorite "things" is my dear oldest daughter. It was hard when she went to college only four hours away. Putting her on a plan to California by herself Wednesday morning will be a whole new level of that concept! I am so proud of her! She has already accomplished things I have never accomplished, been places I have never been and is heading places I will never go. My comfort is that just as God was always with me, he is also with her. There is no where that she can go. No disaster area or crime ridden inner city that HE is not present. He cares about sending her snow before she leaves, he will care for her there.