Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday October 19, 2009

Outside my window it would appear that we are going to be experiencing a warm up of sorts. It should be a beautiful fall day with the high in the upper sixties.

I am thinking about how off schedule my household is after being gone over the weekend and wondering what the most efficient way to catch up is going to be!

From the learning room: The emphasis at our house lately has been study and test taking skills. We are also trying to break the habit of leaving things blank.

From the kitchen: the refrigerator is empty and I have no time to get groceries until tomorrow so we are making do. We did buy milk at the gas station this morning so the girls could would have some. For dinner tonight I will scrounge up some taco bake. I have no idea what the rest of the week will look like.


I am wearing a new denim skirt that I found this weekend at my favorite goodwill store!


I am going to co-op and small group tonight.

I am praying for our dear oldest daughter who is so far away! She went on her first NCCC service project this weekend to work on a community garden and had a blast. Lots of meetings this week. The family prayer list is long right now as is the list of requests for our friends and family. Satan is busy roaming about seeking those whom he might destroy. I am daily convicted that I should spend more time on my knees before the Lord!

I am reading; As Under The Lord by Pam Forster and listening to an audio series by John MacArthur Jr. titled A Woman's Calling. Conviction caution!

I am hearing: DYS practice his piano on a real piano! Its sounds so loud and full compared to the keyboard! We purchased a used piano and did everything we could to check it out before we bought it. Everything we were told to look for seemed right on. We got it home and now the keys are randomly sticking. I was hoping it was just from the moisture when we moved it but its been a few days now and they are still sticking. The piano tuner will come in six weeks. Hopefully, this is resolvable.

Around the house: The on going project around here is preparing for winter. The grass needs mowed that one last time. Patio furniture needs put away. The three season porch needs plastic put up so that it can become the winter store room. Mr. has larger projects that he is working on like the dry wall in our bedroom.

A few plans for the rest of the week: This will be our second week of PSMAT classes for adoption. Eight more classes and 12 hours of home visits to go. DMD turns 15 this week so we have a family party coming up. She will have a get together with her bff the following weekend.



One of my favorite things is Zeno's pizza place in Marshal town! It is the perfect thin crispy crust with fabulous sauce and perfectly blended topics. We were so excited to get to eat there Saturday night!