Monday, August 03, 2009


One of my favorite things is eating cold freeze pops on a hot summer day!

Monday August 3, 2009

Outside my window the clouds of early morning have cleared into bright sunlight. Around 4:00 A.M. we had a thunder storm which benefited us greatly with rain. We figure it to be about three weeks since that has happened! I am afraid that with the showers also came humidity and heat. For the first time in almost a month we are going to get into the 90's.

I am thinking about how perfect this hot weather is going to be for a swim and bbq party tonight! I was worried it would be to cool for swimming tonight.


I am thankful for rain. We started watering the garden this week because it was so dry!


From the learning room; Today is officially our first day of school. Our schedule will change dramatically in September when we start all of our school activities but for now we are doing every subject, every day.


From the kitchen; Major scheduling issues with school starting. Instead of our menu running from Monday to Sunday it will now run Friday to Thursday as I need to get groceries on Fridays this year.

Friday - home made pizza

Saturday - Empenyadas

Sunday - Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, strawberry soup

Monday - BBQ, Rhubarb slush, chips, home made ice cream!

Tuesday - Roast chicken with rice.

Wednesday - Taco salad

Thursday - Chicken salad sandwiches

I am wearing - a navy blue t shirt with a green skirt

I am going to stay home today.

I am praying for a dear friends husband who has a job interview this morning. It is his second interview with this company.

I am reading the Scarlett Letter. Its my DMD's first reading assignment of the year. Its been awhile since I have read it. I will try and read ahead of most the books she is assigned.

I am hearing the Italian program as my son studies and mdon and I are discussing her writing assignment which is what would her pillow say.

Around the house we are preparing for a garage sale on Saturday. My husband has been sorting out our shed and has yet to sort out some things from his parents garage and our store. He is decluttering. I don't have very many things to add to it but even the kids are searching through their rooms for things to get rid of. My sister will be bringing some things and my dad wanted to know how many truckloads he could bring. I think we will have lots of stuff!


A few plans for the rest of the week; School, school, oh yes and school. Tuesday night we have our second sign up meeting for co-op. Thursday night is the first hugs support group meeting of the year. Saturday we are having a big garage sale so Friday night we will be working on pricing and setting everything out.