Monday, July 27, 2009




Monday July 27, 2009 Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window the sun is shining and we expect another unusually nice day for day for July in August. A friend said that last year they had counted the number of days that met their criteria for a "nice" day. The criteria include a temperature reading between 72 and 82 degrees, low humidity, wind under 10 mph, and sunny. He said that there were only 7 days that met these criteria. I bet if they had counted this year there would be more. The weather has really been wonderful!

I am thinking about what I need to accomplish this week. So far I am off to a very slow start since I am just sitting here in my pajamas at 9:00 typing on the computer!

I am thankful for so many things..... most of all the God has blessed me with such a wonderful husband who is filled with Grace and love of Christ which he pours out onto me everyday.

From the learning room: One week of summer left......

From the kitchen: Instead of posting my weekly menu I thought I would share a recipe for Rhubarb bars that several friends really enjoy.

Cut 1 cup cold butter into 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of butter. Press this into the bottom of a 9 by 13 cake pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350.

Mix 2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 cup whipping creme, 5 cups of rhubarb, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 beaten eggs. Pour this mixture over your crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool. Once its cooled off top with a mixture of 1 cup whipping creme whipped ( I just use cool whip) . Add 6 oz of cream cheese that has been softened, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.

Enjoy!

I am going to try a recipe for rhubarb slush. I will let you know how that turns out. Meanwhile, we harvested our first zucchini and have been enjoying zucchini cake and bread all last week.

I am wearing my pj's! Today this has more to do with waiting for one of the big kids to wake up so I can get in the shower and leave the little ones totally unsupervised.

I am going bowling with our small group tonight. There might be a few rematches from last times game!

I am praying and would love for you to join me in praying the following: For our background checks to be processed quickly and approved. (no there is nothing in the backgrounds that are a probably but the process can sometimes take awhile.) For a PSMAT class to be scheduled for an evening that would work for us long term. Right now it is looking like this will be October or November to start. For good relationships to developer with social workers. For my heart to be in line with God's will. For Mr. and I to be able to openly communicate through this process and to be one in the decisions that we will have to make. For our children's hearts to be prepared to share their home and their family.

I am reading Luke. My ladies bible study is studying Luke and specifically looking at Jesus and his relationships.

I am hearing lots of noise from rowdy children who need to go outside and burn off some energy!

Around the house; the window for our son's bedroom is in but when Mr. went to pick it up they could only find the screen and some parts. No actual window. So we are waiting for them to figure out where the window went. (while I was writing this the company called and has found the window!)

A few plans for the rest of the week; Finish lesson plans. Work in the garden. Mow and trim. Pick up my new freezer! Pick beans. A meeting with fellow facilitators off a class I have decided to take on. Clean the house. Groceries. Saturday morning at the farmers market.

One of my favorite things: A new planner from Franklin Covey! There is nothing more exciting than sitting down and writing in information on new pages!