Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Birthday Husband

Yesterday was my husbands birthday. We attempted to make it special by taking our family out to eat at a restaurant we have been wanting to try. It did not work out they way we had planned. We waited over 2 hours to be seated and then one and a half hours to get our food. In the middle of this my sister got sick and spent most of the dinner laying down in her car. As a tribute to my sister and brother in law I must motion that my nieces age 3 and 1 did not fuss through this entire venture. They were the best behaved little girls possible! The only upside was that we ended up not having to pay for our meals.

After dinner we went to see the Chronicles of Narnia. We had to attend the 10:00 P.M. showing due to our extended dining experience. I can not remember the last time our entire family went to a movie togather. I am not a movie person because it drives me crazy to sit for that long and it is cost prohibitive. My husband loves to see movies and this one was great. I have never read the books (which is extremely weird considering the amount I read). After seeing the movies the books definitely moved up on my to read list.

I hope my husband had a wonderful birthday. I hope he knows how special and wonderful we think he is and how much we love him. Our lives are blessed because he is in them. My life would not be the same without him. I can not imagine waking up in the morning or going to bed at night without being able to feel his warmth and hear the beat of his heart.