Monday, April 04, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday April 4, 2010


Outside my window the wind is blowing and the high temperature for the day is going to be over 40 degrees cooler than yesterday.


From the learning room: "traditional school" is on hold for the next couple of weeks as the kids travel with their dad. They will be learning lots of business skills and working along side him. They run the cash register, talk with customers, help price and set up for the shows as well as tear down for the shows. When the show involves sharpening they help with that process as well. Every year, we are blessed to hear compliments from people who work with and observe our young adults. They have an awesome testimony for Christ.


From the kitchen

The kitchen is closed. We will be keeping is simply for awhile.


I am reading: curriculum descriptions as I try to make some decision about next year.


I am hearing: toddler outside the bathroom door yelling that she has to go potty. She figured out very quickly that this was a sure fire way to get into the bathroom when I am getting ready for the day. She never actually goes. The older kids are fixing breakfast and managing the younger ones while I get ready for the day.


I am praying: that I would not "just" survive the next couple of weeks but that we would thrive. That God would be glorified in my weakness and for Mr. and the young adults that their time would be a blessed and fruitful.


One of my favorite things: Our coop's performance was a huge success. I think the best performance we have done yet! Everyone did so well and I was so proud of the kids!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Kindermusic today. One day this week I think I will take the kids to the farm to see the horses. We will hit one of the malls for their play place. I am still formulating it so that we can be out of the house for a little bit every day. Other ideas include the botanical center, zoo, backyard adventures, if the weather is nice some local parks. I also have quite a few projects that I would love to get done but knowing how long it takes to do the simplest things around here I am not holding my breath that any of it will get done!