Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday March 22, 2010
Outside My window
The sun is shining and I believe we are supposed to see at least 50 degrees today. We had 7 inches of snow Friday! Thankfully it melted quickly! As you can see from the picture below, spring is arriving.
I am thinking
"A holy and decent woman adds grace upon grace, indeed no price is worthy of her temperate soul. Like the sun rising in the Lord's Heaven. The beauty of a virtuous wife is in her well ordered home."
The book of Sirach

From the learning room
We have two weeks of school left before we take a significant three week break for traveling. The kids will be taking one subject with them to focus on during our travels.
This week we are going to see the Des Moines Youth Symphony. I am really looking forward to that. We have several friends performing and I have been looking for specific opportunities for DYS to see cello's playing because of his interest in this instrument.

In my kitchen

Friday - Home made pizza

Saturday - quesidia's

Sunday - sloppy joes
Monday - small group dinner
Tuesday - left overs
Wednesday - frittata's
Thursday - Grilled Ribs
I am wearing
a blue Nike t shirt and a pair of grey Capri work out pants
I am praying
My heart is so full of thanksgiving for our church and appreciation for the Pastor and the congregation. I am lifting up my bff's daughter and husband who just returned from over seas and now have to adjust their internal clocks back to U.S. Time and probably have a little culture shock going on. For my husband who is so very busy at work right now. For a friend who's daughter is having surgery tomorrow morning. For another friend who's grandmother is dying and is in hospice. For extended unsaved family.
I am reading
Nothing right now :(. I am hoping to get to the library and pick up some books today!
I am hearing
worship music. Specifically the David Crowder Bank.
Around the house
We have several big outside things to accomplish. There is a ton of rock of rock, sand, and salt piled onto the new sod that needs to be raked up. There was also a lot of trash laying around under the snow. I have no idea where it all came from but it needs picked up. I won't do anything with the gardens until the end of April but I am chomping at the bit to get out there and get to work!
A few plans for the rest of the week

The video is the Young Woman's ensemble from our church which includes our DMD. They will be singing this song and one other song at the Talents For Christ Competition next Saturday. Aren't they so beautiful!
One of my favorite things
Spring!
Mrs. Sturm