Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday January 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook Monday January 11, 2010

Outside my window: The sun is slowly rising over the frozen tundra known as Iowa. We are in the midst of a heat wave with temperatures set to be fifty degrees warmer today than last week! Its going to be all of 20 degrees today!

I am thinking: about what is ahead in my day.

From the learning room: Our activities were supposed to have resumed last week but we had a large winter storm that shut everything down for a couple days so we are off to the races this week with all of our activities plus a supervising teacher meeting.

From the kitchen: The challenge continues!

Friday: Pizza / the kids ate the normal spelt crust pizza. Mr. and I had smaller pizza's with no cheese and no meat.

Saturday: We had dinner at Mr. Parent's house. The kids had spaghetti and meatballs while Mr. and I enjoyed large salads.

Sunday: Taco's. We used whole wheat shells and loaded them with refried beans and veggies. The kids had their normal taco meat and cheese tacos.

Monday: Small group dinner at our house. The menu includes Creme of tomato soup, grill cheese sandwiches and chocolate cake while Mr. will be enjoying garden vegetable soup.

Tuesday: Mr. and I will be having taco bean soup while the kids will be having mac n cheese.

Wednesday: The kids will be having chicken and rice while Mr. and I will be having stir fry and Rice.

Thursday: The kids will be having a small roast with vegetables while Mr. and I will be eating left overs.

I am wearing: a denim skirt with a long sleeve blue polo and my brown vest.

I am praying: for our co-op today / for a church friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer this last week /for another friend who has two little twin house guests this week /

I am reading: Gilead by Marylin Robinson

I am hearing: A cloud of witnesses by Mark Shultz playing in my ipod.

Around the house: Mr. installed the door to the upstairs bedroom.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have started packing up our DOD's room for storage. That has been a little emotional. I should finish it this week. Our last home visit was supposed to be last week but was cancelled because of the storm until this Friday. We also have a supervising teacher meeting this week. It seems like something going on every day!

One of my favorite things: For Christmas I received an ipod. I never really thought I would enjoy an ipod but now that I have one and I have figured out how to use it I love it. I love being able to downloads sermons and audio sermons onto it. I love being able to listen when I am doing things like vacuuming.