Monday, June 01, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Monday June 1, 2009
Outside My window it is raining! Inside my house are many sad faces! Our pool is set up for the summer, we have new floaties, swimsuits and bottles of sunscreen. No one is being very patient as they wait for the sun to come out and the rain to end. Unfortunately, the weather man says that might be Wed.
I am thinking about the home school conference this next weekend. Planning purchases, scheduling what talks I want to sit in on and really looking forward to Voddie Bauchman! If you have not had the privileged of listening to him preach or reading some of his materials you will find him at http://www.voddiebaucham.org/vbm/home.html.
I am thankful for all our family and friends who all came to our house Saturday to help us celebrate our daughters college graduation!
From the learning room school is officially out. We will meet with our supervising teacher on Wed. Besides their regular chores and bible study, the only requirement they have for the next two months is to read books of their choice for an hour a day. The way DMD is working her way through Janet Oke's books that won't be a problem.
From the kitchen;
M - leftovers from the party
T - picnic supper
W - eating at small group - we are taking pop for everyone
Th - stuffed shells / flat bread
F - Home school conference / eating out for DOD's 21rst birthday!
Sat - left overs
Sun - Roast / potatoes/ salad / rolls / jello salad
I am wearing a tan linen skirt and a black t shirt.
I am going to meet a fellow home school mom to pick up math curriculum that I am purchasing from her. We were supposed to go fishing tonight but will probably go bowling instead.
I am praying for my husband today as he goes back to work after an enjoyable weekend at home.
I am reading my stepping Up bible study by Beth Moore. I just started it last week and am already enjoying it tremedously!
I am hearing DYS practicing the piano, my nieces playing loudly, music playing loudly, a radio program going, and in general ALOT of noise!
Around the house everything outside is looking so nice. Mr. finished a section of privacy fence and did a tremendous amount of organizing and cleaning up the yard. It looks fabulous! Mr. is never without projects but short of getting my clothesline moved he has no urgent projects on his list. Pool maintenance is going to be a bigger job than I had envisioned but we will get the hang of it.
A few plans for the rest of the week; Today our small group summer fun and play kicks off. We are meeting weekly as families to play together. Tonight was supposed to be fishing but I think it will be bowling instead because of the weather. Tuesday night softball game. Wed. is LIFE group. DYS has "graduated from our church Sunday school and is able to attend life group with MR. and DMD. This will leave me blissfully alone for one night a week! We also have a supervising teacher meeting on Wed. Friday and Saturday we will be attending the home school conference.
One of my favorite things; Yes to Carrots shampoo! I have struggled to find an all natural shampoo that I could use and still feel as though my hair was clean. Most of them produce no lather and seem to weigh my hair down. My daughter brought Yes to Carrots home for me to try and while it still does not lather like chemical based shampoos there is lather and it does not weigh my hair down. This same company also makes Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Tomatoes. You can find this product at http://www.yes-to-carrots.com/