Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday April 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Bunny update: We changed bandages this morning and were pleased to see that the incision is healing. We will be continuing the bunny watch 24 hours a day until we think that it is healed enough to leave unwrapped. She is still not eating or pooping as much as we would like. We are going to try some parsley soaked in water tonight. She just is not impressed with these foods so I am not hopeful but then again we might find something she likes.

Outside my window the sky is cloudy and the temperature cool. It was an amazingly beautiful weekend with warm and sunny weather. We could not have asked for a nicer weekend. There are signs of movement that perhaps work is going to be commenced on the road in front of our house. It was supposed to be finished last fall and was delayed. Then they were supposed to start last week.

I am thinking on how our state home school association has given a 400 percent increase for the twelve year old and older children to attend the annual home school conference with their parents. How sad that a home school conference would be anti family, anti children. It now costs more to register my two children than it does for both my husband and self to attend. Clearly they are sending a message. I think I will return the favor and not renew my association with them.

I am thankful to celebrate another birthday this week! I am also thankful that I am a year younger than I thought I was!

From the learning room; Tonight is our co-op share fair. The kids will spend the day gather materials and projects from the year to display for friends and family. We have finished spelling and grammar. DYS has finished science and math. We will work through the end of May.

From the kitchen;

M - crock pot lasagna french bread

T - sub sandwiches chips

W - DYS choice

TH - breakfast bake

Fr - order pizza

Sat - out of town

Sun - out of town

I am wearing; currently still in my pajamas. I am hopeful that I will get a shower yet this morning!

I am going TO SIOUX CITY TO SEE MY OLDEST DAUGHTER GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE ON SATURDAY!

I am reading My Jesus Year by Benyamin Cohen. I have really appreciated his search for meaning in his relationship to his creator. One of his thoughts I have been very appreciative about is this, "In Judaism, we're taught to see beyond the redemption. The important thing is not that we are free, but what we do with that freedom. Moses asked Pharaoh to "let my people go," but we often forget the next phrase in the verse - "so that they may serve God." Moses wasn't asking for freedom from slavery so the Jewish people could chill out at a middle eastern club med. Moses wanted the Jews to swap masters, from an earthly one to one of divine origin." Chew on that for awhile!

I am praying for a dear friend who has been put through the testing fires of faith in the past year. They are waiting on G-d to resolve their situation but it has been very difficult for them. The fruit of their testing is a marriage that has been drawn deeper and increased in intimacy. I am also praying for OUR DEAR OLDEST DAUGHTER WHO IS GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE ON SATURDAY!

I am hearing The Andy Griffith show playing in the background. DYS fell from our play set this morning so I have allowed them to put in a movie so that he will rest. He is going to have a whopper of a bruise across his back!

Around the house we worked outside this weekend. Mr. moved the compost bin and we harvested five wheelbarrows full of fabulous soil from the bottom of the old compost! I planted lettuce, radish, and potatoes. Mr. tilled in the compost. DYS mowed the yard for the first time of the season. MR. continued to work on DOD's room over the weekend because she will be moving home on Sunday AFTER GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE ON SATURDAY!

A few plans for the rest of the week; Tuesday DYS has a softball game and piano. Wed. we will be going to the play. Thursday we have an educational appointment. Friday DYS has a piano recital and SATURDAY OUR DOD WILL BE GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE!