Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Monday April 14, 2009


Simple Woman's Day Book


Outside my window the temperature is much cooler than what I was hoping for and there is a light rain. I am more concerned about the weather in Wisconsin, which is where we are heading this week. We have an outdoor vending space to I am really hoping for NO snow and temperatures in the 60's!


I am thinking about all the things that I have to do between now and Wed!


I am thankful for a wonderful church service yesterday morning! Our pastor spoke on the importance of recognizing a literal resurrection. It was a wonderful message and I am thankful for his strong preaching!


From the learning room; We are temporarily closed for another week!


From the kitchen; Also temporarily closed! Its purely survival at this point!


I am wearing a tan skirt with a chocolate brown, pink and tan argyle sweater.


We are going to coop and then small group. Our friends are back from China with their newest daughter. We are so thrilled to get to spend time with their growing family.


I am reading Song of the Silent Harp by B.F. Hoff.


I am praying for DOD's final three weeks of college! She was home over Easter weekend and brought with her, her cap, gown and invitations! For Mr. who is experiencing a bumper harvest at work! For our final spring trip and the weather as well as preparations and the success of the business.


I am hearing the children laughing and playing with their cousins. We have not seen the girls for several weeks because of our traveling. I enjoyed all my hugs and kisses this morning.


Around the house the disaster continues! It is very hard to keep up around here when you aren't home long enough to put anything away and when we are home any length of time we just want to sleep! I can't wait to get home and spring clean!


A few plans for the rest of the week; Tomorrow will entail laundry and packing as well as a trip to the store. Our vending space is outside at this show so we take our bus. This gives me access to a refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, toaster oven and crock pot. I am going to brown up several pounds of hamburger ahead of time so that I can whip up a pot of chili and sloppy joes. We will also have a chicken and rice casserole one evening. For lunches we will have sandwiches or left overs. This saves not only money but time and our health! There is nothing worse than having to wait until after 9 for dinner, eating way to much of the wrong thing at a restaurant and then hitting the sack exhausted!
On a sad note, we are in the proccess of our seeing our oldest pet in the final stages of life.
Liberty has been our "puppy" for 16 years. She is now totally blind and deaf and has been deteriorating drastically over the past month. She stopped eating on Sunday. The vet does not think there is anything left to do at this point so we are just waiting and trying to make her as comfortable as possilbe. She is not in any pain that we can tell.