Thursday, May 03, 2007

On Line Friends

My lifestyle prevents me from doing many of the things that other stay at home moms do. I am unable to attend bible studies during the day because part of being my husbands help meet is working with him at his store. We also home school our children with the primary responsibility for this being given to me. On top of those two jobs, I am still responsible for our home. I understand that at this stage in my life, my family is primarily my sole focus. Outside obligations provide distration and stress. The natural result of being so focussed with our family is that I am limited in my interactions with other woman. The interactions I do have is limited and not with woman I would call kindred spirits. Their lives seem to be very different than mine.

On line, I have found like minded woman that every evening I find myself checking their sights for their daily thoughts. I feel dissapointed when nothing new is posted, and excited when when something new is shared. The blogs connect me to woman who think and feel similar things to me. The blogs can not replace a true bosom friend but they ease lonliness and bring encouragement that I am not alone. There are others who are home, who have chosen their families, and who soldier on in their duties.


Someday I will have time for leisurely lunch dates and shoppping with friends. Until then, I am thankful for those woman on line who share their hearts and homes.